Sandman Hotel Castlegar
1944 Columbia Ave | Castlegar, BC V1N 2W7 CA
Super 8 Castlegar Bc
651 18th Street | Castlegar, BC VIN 2N1 CA
1810 8th Avenue | Castlegar, BC V1N 2Y2 CA
1660 Columbia Avenue | Castlegar, BC V1N 1H9 CA
Canadas Best Value Inn And Suites Castlegar
1935 Columbia Avenue | Castlegar, BC V1N 2W8 CA
Cozy Pines Motel
2118 Crestview Crescent | Castlegar, BC V1N 3B3 CA
330 Columbia Avenue | Castlegar, BC V1N 1G5 CA
Windborne Bed & Breakfast
3900 Broadwater Road | Castlegar, BC V1N 4V4 CA
Castlegar Airport Information
The Castlegar Airport is owned and operated by the City of Castlegar and offers regular service to both Vancouver and Calgary. It is 250km by road to the nearest alternate airport with scheduled passenger air carrier service.
The Castlegar Airport has a total land area of 85 hectares and includes the following facilities:
- Air terminal building of 1,423m2 built in 1971
- Flight service station with limited hours of operation
- Combined services building (firehall and maintenance garage) of 622m2
- One runway (1615-metre or 5300-foot)
- Downtown Castlegar - 5km
- Nelson - 41km
- Trail - 26km
- Grand Forks - 73km
- Rossland - 36km
The Airport Certificate is issued under the authority of the Minister of Transport pursuant to the Aeronautics Act and the Canadian Aviation Regulations Part 3, to operate a land aerodrome as a PUBLIC USE, DAY VFR/IFR airport under the following special procedures and conditions:
1. The Airport will be maintained and operated in accordance with the Castlegar Airport Operations Manual dated January 1, 1997 unless otherwise approved by the Minister.
2. Deviations from Standard: Mountain sides intrude into the approach surface of both runways - Airport certified for day operations only. Power transmission line crosses the approach to runway 33. Approach surface set at 5% rather than the standard 2.5% - The Canada Flight Supplement to clearly indicate the unique features and operational restrictions at this airport.
3. Special Procedures: Right hand circuits Runway 15.Castlegar Airport (IATA: YCG, ICAO: CYCG) is a small regional airport located in Castlegar, British Columbia. It is owned and operated by the City of Castlegar. Runway 15/33 is a 1,615 metre (5,300 foot) long paved runway, and is currently the only runway at the airport. YCG has a 15,317 square foot passenger terminal. Owing to the mountainous terrain impinging on both runway approaches, there is no possibility of a straight-in approach. The airport is therefore certified for day operations only, and the glideslope on approach is set to a steep 5% rather than the standard 2.5%. The instrument approaches to Castlegar are considered among the most challenging of any in use at a commercial airport in North America. This leads to frequent flight cancellations when meteorological conditions are unsuitable, and frequent travelers to this airport have given it the sobriquet "Cancelgar".
- Air Canada
- Air Canada Jazz with direct daily service to Calgary and Vancouver